Network Engineer - Phoenix, AZ or Eden Prairie, MN
- Tucson, AZ
OptumRx is an innovative pharmacy care services company managing the prescription drug benefits of commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and other government health plans, as well as those of employers and unions through a national network of 67,000 community pharmacies. OptumRx is part of Optum, a leading information and technology-enabled health services business with more than 135,000 people worldwide dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone.
The Network Engineer will be part of a team responsible for managing enterprise IT infrastructure in a 24x7 environment. The role requires individuals that have network engineering and operations career experience with network switch and routing equipment, firewall, VPNs, and internet egress management.
This position will sit onsite at 23620 N 20th Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85085 or 12125 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 and require on call availability.
- Take Ownership of project work and day to day responsibilities
- Work with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Work with remote support to accomplish project work and resolve support issues
- Effectively communicate with varying audiences (Client Facing, Internal, Non-Technical, etc.)
- Manage Network Outage calls (Communicate, Isolate, Troubleshoot, and Drive to Resolution)
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Document the Enterprise Network (Visio, Spreadsheets, Network Management tools, etc.)
- Configure and administer network infrastructure, including Cisco routers and switches
- Configure and administer the wireless network
- Configure and remediate Cisco ASA Firewalls (Security Policy, NAT Policy, B2B VPN, and Anyconnect)
- Configure Palo Alto Firewalls (User-Id, App-Id, etc.) and Panorama Management
- Utilize Network Monitoring Tools for operation, engineering, and security of the network
- Utilize Network Automation tools to simplify deployment (standards) and time to deploy (scripting)
- Develop, manage and execute controls in support of the company's compliance landscape (SOX, PCI, HIPAA, PHI, etc.)
- Follow IT change control (ITIL) best practices for predictable results
- Meet SLAs for incident tickets and service requests
- Work with 3 rd parties, vendors, or clients to provision B2B VPN Connectivity
- Perform security reviews and participate in network security audits
- Actively participate in Security Incident response as needed
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience with operation and engineering of Network firewall, VPNs, and internet egress technologies and hardware platforms
- 4+ years of experience working with Cisco or Palo Alto network and security products
- 4+ years of experience provisioning and troubleshooting virtual private networks
- Experience working with network protocols (NAT, ACLs, IP/TCP/UDP, SSL VPN, and IPSec VPN)
- Experience with Network Monitoring Applications (Solarwinds, Cisco CSM, Palo Alto Panorama, NSEL/Netflow/IPFIX, etc.)
- Experience with customer facing work around design and configuration of Virtual Private Networks
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Willingness and ability to be on call when needed
- 3+ years of experience working in a production, 24x7 environment
- Experience with merger/acquisition activities and processes
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Engineer, Phoenix, AZ , Arizona
Back to top