Military Internship Program (Active Duty Service Members Only) – Nationwide Opportunities
The Military Internship Program (MIP) is an innovative and collaborative program between UnitedHealth Group and all U.S. Military Branches. It is open to service members who are transitioning out of active duty with approval from their military unit and manager.
Military Internship Program - Tracks (not to exceed 24 weeks)
Clinical: Clinic-Support, Clinic-Medical Management, Clinic-Based/Practice Operations
Shadowing opportunities and hands-on training with UHG employees may include, yet not limited to: working with provider and clinic-based teams, utilization and medical management, lean, customer satisfaction, quality and risk associated process improvement activities, education and training initiatives and activities and accreditation program management (depending on education, licensure, certification, clinical-scope/span will vary per workplace setting)
Business Operations/Finance: Corporate Operations, Marketing, Finance, Accounting
Shadowing opportunities and hands-on training with UHG employees may include, yet not limited to: process improvement initiatives and activities, business/financial/strategic planning, cost of care/efficiency reviews and management, facilities management, workforce/staffing planning, and data analysis (depending on education, licensure, certification, scope/span will vary per workplace setting)
Customer Service: Call-Center Operations, Administrative Support
Shadowing opportunities and hands-on training with UHG employees may include, yet not limited to: administrative/executive support, data analysis, process improvement initiatives and activities, customer engagement/improvement actions and project management (depending on education, licensure and certification, the scope/span will vary per workplace setting)
Information Technology: Infrastructure, Network, Applications and Project Management
Shadowing opportunities and hands-on training with UHG employees may include, yet not limited to: data analysis, process improvement initiatives and activities, project management (i.e., EMR, security, LMS, customer support), and application and systems design (depending on education, licensure and certification, the scope/span will vary per workplace setting)
MIP is designed to:
- Provide health care career skills training in one or more of the following areas: customer service, healthcare economics, informatics, analytics, clinic-based business practices, quality improvement, risk management, provider, and/or staff and patient experience improvement practices.
- Prepare candidates for a civilian and corporate role
- Be a platform to explore healthcare career paths
- Teach new skills and provide hands-on experience through job shadow opportunities and collaboration w ith UHG employees
- Associate's degree or at least 3 years of related experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Currently enlisted in the military with approval from respective base contact to participate in this program
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and positively influence others
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Leadership skills and results oriented
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving and decision making required
- Skill in organizing work to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, healthcare professionals, physicians and other members of senior administration
- Solves routine problems by following established procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Health Care related degree/program
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy, policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of management practices including supervision and staff development
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
At UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses, we serve millions of people every single day. That's impact on a global scale. If you've got that kind of intensity, then let's get you started on your life's best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Military, Intern, Internship, Business, Finance, Operations, Clinical, Customer Service
Back to top