Middleware Administrator/ Engineer - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, DC
OptumServe Technology Services has a wonderful opportunity for a Middleware Administrator /Engineer to develop systems level software and utilities. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Apply system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Analyze, test, and implement middleware applications
- Develop and maintain systems level software and utilities for both existing and new systems
- Support Web Service interfaces to and from ISAM systems
- Troubleshoot and fix the application login issues
- Work with IT security officers to analyze weekly scan report and implement proposed fix to mitigate vulnerabilities
- Knowledge and experience in Unix/Linux commands and shell scripts
- Understanding of Network and firewall rules between DMZ and Outside Network
- Write, maintain and implement systems specifications and corresponding maintenance documentation
- Help with problem diagnosis and resolution by providing technical & troubleshoot support
- Work with the team to ensure client satisfaction for delivered technical solutions
- Reporting to management on status and projected outcomes
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2 years of technical experience
- 2 years' experience developing shell scripts using Perl or Pytho
- Exposure to Middleware stack, such as Weblogic & Tivoli
- Hands on experience with RedHat, Solaris, or similar UNIX/LINX platforms
- Experience creating makefiles, using debuggers, and troubleshooting compile and runtime issues
- Experience designing, developing, troubleshooting, and analyzing middleware software platform
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- Undergraduate degree
- Understanding IT security/Network concepts
- Experience developing software using C++ and Java is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices and tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to a variety of defined problems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and adjust priorities as required
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 , (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC ). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
The government services support team at Optum has earned the trust of organizations that our entire country relies on; from the Department of Defense and Veteran?s Administration to the teams at Health & Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We?re repaying that trust with hard work, new ideas and a commitment to finding better solutions every day. Join us and help create ways for our government services agencies to be more efficient and effective. This will be the next huge step in your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Middleware Engineer, Optum, OptumServe, Washington D.C., WebLogic, Tivoli, RedHat, Solaris, UNIX/LINX platforms
Back to top