Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst - Corporate Development - Minnetonka, MN
- Minnetonka, MN
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Ambitious emerging professionals join our Corporate Development team, a group which is positioned at the forefront of highly strategic acquisitions and investments. You can expect a dynamic work environment that provides significant development opportunities, senior team visibility and a robust introduction to mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare industry.
UnitedHealth Group Overview:
UnitedHealth Group ("UHG") is a Fortune 7 diversified healthcare company that generates over $200 billion in revenue and employs 325,000 diverse team members in more than 140 countries. UHG is comprised of two distinct, but strategically aligned businesses: UnitedHealthcare and Optum.
- UnitedHealthcare - UnitedHealthcare is the largest U.S. health insurer, serving over 50 million members through a network of 1.2 million physicians and thousands of hospitals. Through this scope and clinical expertise competencies, UnitedHealthcare is enabling better health outcomes and control over healthcare costs.
- Optum - Optum, our health services platform, is modernizing the health system with insights, data and technology. Optum is positively impacting the performance of the health system by optimizing care quality and operations and improving the consumer experience.
Corporate Development Overview:
UHG has the largest and most active corporate development team in the country. The team consists of approximately 50 experienced Mergers & Acquisitions ("M&A") professionals with backgrounds in private equity, investment banking and venture capital. The group is responsible for executing inorganic growth initiatives across UnitedHealthcare and Optum, including acquisitions, investments, strategic partnerships and joint ventures. Since 2010, the team has assisted UHG in deploying over $30 billion of capital across 230 acquisitions. Corporate Development also works as a trusted strategic partner to UHG's senior business leaders, completing innovative projects and unique partnerships, as well as serving as a pipeline for future executive leadership.
Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst Role Overview:
The Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst role puts motivated young professionals on teams positioned at the forefront of highly strategic acquisitions and investments for a Fortune 7 organization. Analysts should expect an exciting, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment that provides significant responsibility and development opportunities. As a key member of our Corporate Development team you will play an integral role in projects that have the potential to change the healthcare industry while gaining extensive exposure to key executive leaders throughout our organization, as well as to senior management of companies targeted for acquisition.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Informing and educating UnitedHealth Group Senior Executives & Board Members of strategic activity, including M&A opportunities, industry assessments and growth initiatives.
- Identifying, researching and evaluating potential M&A targets across health care sectors.
- Building and developing financial models, including, but not limited to, core financial statement projections, valuation (DCF, transaction and trading comparables, LBO), and EPS accretion / dilution analysis.
- Leading large internal diligence teams of operational and legal subject matter experts.
- Conducting due diligence and integration planning on potential acquisition opportunities.
- Executing with executive leadership on special projects (e.g., industry research, strategic planning, new business initiatives) related to developing inorganic growth strategies and facilitating long-term M&A goals.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university or obtained degree within the last 12 months; coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment. Degree must be awarded and verified within 6-8 weeks following the commencement date at your school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (3.5 or above preferred)
- Basic knowledge of financial modeling and valuation techniques
UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mergers, Acquisitions, Analyst, Corporate Development, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Back to top