Medicare Sales Representative, Gov't Programs - New York, NY
- New York, NY
You want to do work that really matters. We want to bring more health resources and better solutions to the most vulnerable and least served members in our communities. This sounds like the perfect match. In this role you can work with state and federal government agencies, physicians and other providers, to bring greater care to more than three million people. Make a difference in the lives of those in your own community and a career with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan will allow you to do just that! Your performance will be rewarded!
* This is an outside / field sales position
If you are located in the state of New York, you will have the flexibility to telecommute as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interact with senior population aged 65+ and conduct presentations at their group/centers, churches, homes, etc. to sell and promote Medicare product
- Travel throughout an assigned territory and work directly with community-based organizations, providers, and other sources to obtain referrals
- Manage your travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results
- Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information
- Generate own leads - some sales leads are company provided
- Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Apply strong sales acumen skills in generating and closing leads
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active NY health insurance license
- 1+ years of managed care, outside sales or territory management experience
- Prior experience selling Medicare Advantage or Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP)
- Travel up to 100% of the time within assigned NY sales territory
- Possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Live within a commutable distance of the assigned NY sales territory
- Established professional contacts/ relationships or active within the community (i.e. non-profits, health providers, community or faith-based organizations, etc.)
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health License, D-SNP, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Sales Enrollment Representative, Sales, Healthcare, Bilingual, Medicare Sales, Sales Agent, New York City, NY, NYC, Managed Care, Affordable Care Act, ACA, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote
Back to top