Medical Scribe - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
The Medical Scribe will work under the direction of the supervising practitioner and support their documentation of patient information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). As a medical scribe, you are responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff.
- Performs provider documentation of patient information as dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation and billing
- Demonstrates skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records in a complete and thorough manner
- Ensures that all documentation follows scribe policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress
- Follows established medical record requirements
- Completes all documentation real time and within the same date of service
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for review and sign off
- Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of the provider
- Other patient care responsibilities as directed by Center Manager
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years clinical experience in related field such as a scribe or medical assistant
- Experience with medical terminology
- Experience with computerized information systems (EMR) used in business and clinical management settings
- Prior experience with employer health services (i.e. urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Completed medical training specific to medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Experience documenting patient information into an electronic medical record, EMR/EHR
- Experience working as a medical assistant
- Experience completing provider orders (i.e. venipuncture, point of care testing)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
J ob Keywords: Medical scribe, scribe, medical assistant, medical transcriptionist, MA, physician scribe, Optum, Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
Back to top