Medical Receptionist W. Hartford, CT
- West Hartford, CT
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization's that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Support the care team and its patients by greeting and checking in patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephone inquiries, collecting payments and maintaining demographic information. Routinely use the practice management system (PMS) and electronic health record (EHR) according to office policies and workflows.
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Schedule appointments and triage appointment requests for urgency according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth's Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Consult a licensed clinician for clinical decision making whenever necessary.
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians.
- Greet patients and conduct check - in process:
- Collect or verify demographic information, including key demographic fields
- Load or update insurance information as needed
- Verify eligibility and flag appointment accordingly
- Scan insurance card(s)
- Collect co - payments and outstanding balances
- Post payments received in practice management system and provide system - generated receipts
- Acknowledge patients in PMS
- Monitor daily reminder call logs. Conduct outreach to patients requiring appointments (reschedule patients who cancel and call patients whose appointments were not successfully confirmed). Contact patients who "no show" for follow up appointments for chronic conditions or preventive care.
- Make outreach calls to patients to schedule required follow up or preventive care visits.
- Schedule follow up appointments with specialists, lab, radiology, etc. on behalf of patients.
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits.
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift and assemble and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash control procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current OSHA and CLIA regulations, and ProHealth policies.
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- 1 + years of receptionist experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Good communication and customer service skills
Careers with ProHealth Physicians: PHP is Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. Our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and wellbeing. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to improve the lives of all those we serve. We dedicate ourselves to outstanding care and excellent service. We support research and education that improves the health of our patients. We are open to new ideas, and we are committed to improving our skills and knowledge.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Administrative, Receptionist, Medical Receptionist, CT, Connecticut, West Hartford, Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Back to top