Medical Receptionist - ProHealth Physicians - Newtown, CT
- Newtown, CT
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum - a UnitedHealth Group Company
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Western CT Primary Care of Newtown, CT has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detail oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. This is a full time position Monday-Friday schedule and also one Saturday / month.
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Schedule appointments and triage appointment requests
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process:
- Collect or verify demographic information, including key demographic fields
- Verify eligibility and flag appointment accordingly
- Collect co-payments and outstanding balances
- Post payments received in practice management system and provide system-generated receipts
- Acknowledge patients in PMS
- Make outreach calls to patients to schedule required follow up or preventive care visits
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift and assemble and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash
- Maintain knowledge of current OSHA and CLIA regulations, and ProHealth policies
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- One year of Office Administrative / Receptionist / Clerical experience in a medical office environment
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Three years of Office Administrative / Receptionist / Clerical experience in a medical office environment
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Experience working with electronic medical records
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Front Office Assistant, Receptionist, Clinic Administrative Assistant, Patient Coordinator, ProHealth, Patient Service Representative, Customer Service, Clinic, Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Medical Office, Customer Service, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, Admitting and Registration Clerk, health care , medical receptionist, front office, medical front desk, Newtown, CT, Connecticut,
Back to top