Medical Assistant WellMed Pallative Care Gateway Drive
- Irving, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant (MA) participates in providing patient care at the appropriate skill level. They have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant. The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider or physician.
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
- Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested i n.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or the ability to obtain the certification within 180 days of employment. Medical Assistants who are hired prior to receiving their certification are expected to perform at the same level as a "certified" Medical Assistant
- Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Palliative Care or Hospice care experience
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience
USMD Oncology Virtual Career Event, January 21, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT - Click Here to Register Now!
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors' offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, Wel lMed, Texas, TX
Back to top