Medical Assistant, OptumCare - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
MONDAY-FRIDAY (8:00am-5:00pm), NO WEEKENDS, CLOSED ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS**
Office Location: 8041 N. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ
- Perform patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including procedures, injections, EKGs and phlebotomy
- Show patients to exam rooms according to company standards
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, and sterilize instruments
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested i n.
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program OR 3+ years of military trained medical assistant experience
- Current CPR card OR willing to obtain in 30 days
- 1+ years of related experience in a medical setting
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferably in a primary care setting
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
- Working knowledge of health insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medicaid
- ICD-9 and CPT coding experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, CMA, Primary Care, Internal medicine, healthcare, EMR, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona
Back to top