Medical Assistant Austin TX Midtown
- Austin, TX
The Medical Assistant (MA) participates in providing patient care at the appropriate skill level. They have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant. The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider (TX) or physician (FL)
Duties include : Organizes the clinical environment and provides support in patient care situations. Support includes but is not limited to assisting physicians and nursing personnel, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a medical provider. The MA assists in identifying patient needs or problems and communicating data to the provider or other members of the clinical team. The MA delivers quality customer service. Ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality. Completes mandatory training.
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant's practice.
- Operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers non-intravenous medication, performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs.
- Performs quality control checks on equipment.
- Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Supports and follows Standard Delegation of Orders (SDO)
- Performs all other related duties as assign
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be a High school graduate (or have GED equivalent)
- Work in the Austin TX Midtown clinic
- 6 months or more work experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic, doctor's office or hospital
- Needs to have a current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification ORthe ability to obtain the certification within 180 days of employment. Medical Assistants who are hired prior to receiving their certification are expected to perform at the same level as a "certified" Medical Assistant.
- Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
- Basic computer literacy required, with intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- 1+ year or more experience as a Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to lift, push or pull >35 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
- Ability to discriminate shades of color when reading dipstick
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, WellMed, Austin, Midtown, TX, Texas, MALCDCBDriver2019
Back to top