Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Market Medical Director is based out of Orlando (will consider other east/central Florida locations), with travel as needed out of market including Jacksonville. The Medical Director (MD) is a key member of the Market Leadership and Management Team who shares responsibility for decision making and outcomes in the market with the other members of the market team. The MD is responsible for improving the quality and efficiency of medical care in his/her market(s) and leading the contracted and affiliate provider network. The Medical Director is also responsible for mentoring all assigned Community Lead Physicians in their leadership development.
- Develops and maintain a collegial relationship with contracted and affiliate physicians in order to support the business efforts of the organization.
- Conducts and directs standardized, functional Patient Care Coordination (PCC) meetings and ensures patient information is disseminated to physicians to ensure appropriate patient care is being delivered.
- Implement market specific initiatives and ensures that processes and procedures are aligned with the business model.
- Drives improvement of quality indicators in assigned market by identifying, directing, and executing continuous quality improvement activities or processes.
- Perform annual evaluations of the, Market Medical Director, Lead Physician(s), and other providers as directed
- Participates in Committees, as needed.
- Collaborates with Market Operations and Provider Relations staff in the market(s).
- Assists in the identification of potential physician practice acquisitions in assigned market.
- Partnering with the Clinical Affordability team to support new innovative approaches to making healthcare more efficient and meaningful to PCPs and patients alike; ultimately bending the cost curve in region
- Developing and cascading clinical outcome/improvement messaging to business units to foster tighter working culture
- Helping set agendas/strategies and leading multifaceted teams of Physician Business Managers, Risk Adjustment RNs, and Quality RNs
- Assist driving aligned performance in largely an independently contracted provider network through the development of meaningful relationships, financial and quality incentives, best practices, forward thinking solutions to improve our value proposition to medical providers
- Assist in the identification and development of current/new best practices in support of continuous financial and quality improvement
- Serve as an integral dyad partner interfacing with Corporate level support divisions, to include: Quality, Risk Adjustment, Cost and Care
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) required
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or more years of managed care experience
- Active, unrestricted medical license in applicable state(s), or ability to obtain licenses rapidly
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Current board certification.
- Two or more years managed care experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Florida, FL, medical director