Market Medical Director - WellMed - Fort Worth, TX
Looking for a chance to drive measurable and meaningful improvement in the use of evidence-based medicine, patient safety, practice variation and affordability? You can make a difference at UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses in serving our Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors. Be part of changing the way health care is delivered while working with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
We are looking for a Market Medical Director to join our WellMed medical team in the Ft. Worth office. The market medical director is a key member of the market leadership team who shares responsibility for the contracted clinic outcomes with other members of the team. You will work to drive measurable and meaningful improvement in the use of evidence-based medicine to improve affordability. You can make a difference at UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses in serving our Medicare Advantage, Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors. We are looking for a market medical director who understands the value based approach to medical care and is comfortable working in a Medicare Advantage setting as well as a Fee for Service setting. You will be responsible for conducting Patient Care Coordination meetings weekly with your care management team and you should be able to understand risk adjustment initiatives. In addition, you should have the ability to understand the metrics that drive clinical quality initiatives in the primary care medical home and joint commission arenas. You will be expected to work collaboratively with operations and matrix partners. You will also be required to become competent in Tableau and other informatics/reports required to achieve market metrics/objectives. The market medical director is responsible for improving the quality and efficiency of medical care in his/her clinics of responsibility.
- Work to improve quality and promote evidence-based medicine
- Provide information on quality and efficiency to doctors, patients and customers to inform care choices and drive improvement
- Support initiatives that enhance quality throughout our national network
- Ensure the right service is provided at the right time for each member
- Work with medical director teams focusing on inpatient care management, clinical coverage review, member appeals clinical review, medical claim review and provider appeals clinical review
- Success in this technology-heavy role requires exceptional leadership skills, the knowledge and confidence to make autonomous decisions and an ability to thrive in a production-driven setting.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
- MD or DO degree
- Active, unrestricted physician state license
- Current board certification in ABMS or AOA specialty
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience post residency
- Strong understanding of and concurrence with evidence-based medicine (EBM) and managed care principles
- Prior physician leadership experience
- Hands-on utilization and/or quality management experience
- Project management or active project participation experience
- Substantial experience in using electronic clinical systems
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Back to top