Market Manager, M&R - Seattle, WA
- Seattle, WA
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of this job is to supervise sales activities of Independent Agents (FMOs & ICAs) in the assigned territory who sell the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50+. The Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales/membership growth targets through the FMO and ICA channels in his/her territory. FMO, SGAs, MGAs and ICAs are not employees of UHC but rather independent sales agents who contract with UHC (ICAs exclusively) to sell this portfolio of Medicare products.
- Continually work with the Agent Channels' Sales Staff to:
- Provide sales support and serve as a resource in assigned territory to help this distribution channel to meet assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Provide assistance in the on-boarding process (ICAs), leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools and systems. Organize support involvement in formal training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems.
- Inform and engage agent channels through regular two- way communication and feedback. Assign sales leads including supporting and monitoring community events, retail store locations, etc.
- Act as a liaison between producers and UHC sales process owners to ensure they are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Coach & manage performance: Coach/Develop the agent channels in assigned territory to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets. Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance. Manage and interact with channel agents to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results. Monitor sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's). Ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations.
- Achieve assigned sales targets: Achieve assigned sales/membership growth targets through the FMO/ICA channels in his/her territory, with a minimum of 85% of sales derived via community based leads and referrals. Partner with the Sales Director to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations). Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace. Support the engagement producers in executing their sales plans for UHC and ensure that they appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings.
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure the independent producers adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations (e.g.; AARP) and company policies and procedures.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Previous healthcare or insurance sales or business development experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong technical / computer skills including WebEx, Excel, Word, PPT, et
- Experience selling Medicare products
- Experience managing an independent sales distribution channel
- Previous sales management experience
- Insurance license as required by law (or willing to obtain)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: sales, agent, management, healthcare, Seattle, Washington, WA
Back to top