Manager of Inpatient Case Management - Denver, CO
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient... every time. We're not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area - we're also part of Optum, a nationwide family of nearly 45,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we're backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. For four consecutive years, New West Physicians achieved Elite status - the highest ranking - in the America's Physician Groups Standards of Excellence Survey. In addition, New West Physicians was selected as one of the 2017 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and was the 2015 recipient of AMGA's National Acclaim Award recognizing high performing medical groups bringing the American health care system closer to the ideal delivery model: one that's safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. It's all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it's time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager of Inpatient Case Management supervises all day to day operations of the Inpatient Case Manager team across the Colorado market. Duties include onboarding and training new team members regarding all aspects of the Inpatient Case Manager process for case review from admission to discharge for all levels of acute and post-acute care. Assists Director of Medical Management with workflow optimization, documentation, implementation and provides feedback. Motivates and coaches Inpatient Case Manager team while monitoring performance, criteria application and effective discharge planning. This position will also assist the Director of Medical Management with the annual health plan delegation assessment, internal utilization studies, and other campaigns to include data gathering, analysis, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Provides direct supervision to the Inpatient Case Manager team and manages day-to-day operations, productivity of staff, quality and customer service standards and identifying system improvements for the team.
- Management of team workflows, processes, and other documentation with guidance from Director of Medical Management.
- Provides feedback of team performance and performs coaching, discipline, and annual evaluations for the team members under the supervision of the Director of Medical Management.
- Duties include assisting in hiring, orienting and training of new employees, communicating job expectations, appraising job contributions, disciplining employees and recommending compensation actions as needed under the supervision of the Director of Medical Management.
- Manages time off and workload of team by assuring fair and efficient work distribution to include taking on duties as needed.
- Ensures the operational implementation of all Medical Management Policies and Procedures within the department.
- Assists the Director of Medical Management with the annual health plan delegation assessment, internal utilization studies, and other campaigns to include data gathering, analysis, and quality improvement.
- Attends Joint Operations Committee and monthly meetings with health plans as necessary.
- Serves as a liaison between providers, office staff, patients, and insurance plans.
- Utilize knowledge of resources available in the health care system to assist team, the physician, and patient effectively.
- Performs other duties as required or requested in a positive and helpful manner to enable the department to achieve its goals.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted Colorado RN license
- Minimum of five years' direct inpatient care experience in a medical or surgical setting
- Five years' case management experience with a focus on managed care
- Employs analytical skills necessary for quality case management, concurrent review, and quality improvement
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top