Manager, Medicaid Growth - Hawaii Telecommuter
- United States
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This HI Manager, Medicaid Growth will provide leadership for the Community and State Health Plans Medicaid products in their assigned market to support continued growth and innovation. The position is a member of the health plan senior leadership team and will work collaboratively with the CEO, COO and CFO to ensure overall strategies are aligned with the market level business objectives. This position will oversee the Medicaid community agenda and field-based outreach teams to develop market leading provider and community engagement to forge strong external relationships. This position is responsible for forecasting and has accountability in achieving growth (Acquisition and retention) targets. This is an external and internal facing role.
- Develop and execute and continually update overall strategies for Medicaid product offering to maximize product growth, member retention, innovation and member and provider experience
- Drive smart growth in membership and market share in designated market by developing solid relationships across segments and departments (Network, marketing, clinical, quality, finance).
- Lead, develop and uphold accountability of Medicaid products forecasting models with complete understanding of Auto assignment algorithms, eligibility requirements, self-select, and involuntary vs voluntary term ratios.
- Manage local Medicaid field-based outreach teams and coordinate Outreach strategies and teams across segments.
- Must be able to fl ex strategies to address local market nuances and unique requirements to assure that we are keeping healthcare "local" while maintaining a strong presence in the market
- Partner with local and functional teams to assure appropriate health plan benefit design and value-added services
- Formulate impactful relationships that drive engagement with community-based organizations and faith-based organizations
- Develop, implement and/or support provider engagement strategies (including Field-based approaches and face to face visits Providers) in partnership with local health plan and Network partners that specifically focuses on membership growth and retention and making UHC the insurer of choice for UHC
- Lead and provide oversight for the Field community outreach team that orchestrates member events, potential consumer events, and community-based goodwill and general awareness that make UHC the insurer of choice
- Manage and uphold accountability for marketing, sponsorship and outreach budgets
- Represent the Health Plan at State meetings, community events, and media relations; Assist in developing new county expansions for existing Medicaid; Assist in implementing future product opportunities
- Ensure compliance to health plan State contract for MCO functions entailing Marketing, Communications, Engagement with Community Based Providers and Provider Network and outreach activities.
- Lead and develop top field talent in designated markets, while creating bench strength and opportunities for professional growth within the team
- Develop or support social determinants program for designated health plans
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience building analytical skills including experience generating ROI, business case forecasting and growth opportunities
- Proven track record developing and deploying market strategies
- 3+ years Managed care or Medicaid experience
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time within this HI market area
- Live within a commutable distance to this Honolulu, HI market area
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiar with possible Medicaid referral sources (i.e. CBOs, providers, etc.)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top