Mac Technical Support Analyst - Minnetonka, MN
- Minnetonka, MN
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it is a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The ITSD team supports more than 250,000 domestic and international Optum and UnitedHealth Group employees while operating 24x7 year-round, including all holidays. Taking more than 175,000 contacts per month, the ITSD offers advanced first level technical support for 4,000 plus systems and applications, servers, desktop, telephone, and network issues. Additionally, the team also offers support for telecommuter issues, as well as voice (telephone, voicemail) issues.
The Technical Support role within the ITSD is a fundamental part of a global IT support team, responsible for answering incoming calls, chats, and web submissions from customers and resolves technical issues, requests for information and login assistance while ensuring a high level of customer service. Successful candidates will handle ~40 contacts/day within all areas of UnitedHealth Group's IT infrastructure and applications, and work with various internal support groups to escalate complex high priority/high impact issues.
- Answer and resolve inbound Mac technical calls at a large corporate help desk, efficiently and professionally, in a high-volume call center environment.
- Diagnose Mac hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows 10 environment, advanced level 1 solutions over the phone, via chat or email.
- Use the Jamf PRO dashboard and remote control/assistance tools to assist customers when needed.
- Proficiently manage the resolution of inbound technical contacts; balancing customer service, providing support, and issue resolution with the constraints of an hourly productivity goal. As well as meeting associated statistical metrics regarding; ticket and contact quality, first call resolution, schedule adherence, and customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed. In addition, providing feedback on technical documentation for publication in Knowledge Base.
- Effectively translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers or vice versa for the workgroups.
- Accurately, quickly, and efficiently documenting (typing) record all interactions with customers in an incident management tracking tool, ServiceNow.
- Escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams and workgroups.
- Adhere to a strongly regimented schedule (start/end times, lunches, breaks, non-production time, etc.).
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Shift hours: 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM, Monday - Friday
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- 1+ years providing level 1 or 2 Mac support
- 1+ years of experience supporting users in level 1 and 2 technical support capacity to include experience in a call center environment and desktop/deskside support
- Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Experience with service ticketing/tracking systems (ServiceNow preferred)
- Must be available for 10:30AM - 7:00PM shift
- Exposure to or knowledge of ITIL practices
- Experience with Microsoft O365/Azure as well as other Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Experience assisting customers through alternate intake channels (nonverbal channels like live chat, email, social media and web form submissions)
- Typing speed of 50 WPM a plus
- Experience working with Jamf PRO tools
- Experience using and supporting IP phone systems
- Experience with Remote Control/Remote Assistance tools (Bomgar, native tools within Windows, and Altiris (Symantec) preferred)
- Experience with a call routing system (VCC or WWE preferred)
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently while being part of a decentralized team
- Enjoys challenging troubleshooting situations and pays attention to details
- Experience working in environment where success was gauged by balancing first call resolution, productivity, customer satisfaction and adherence to schedule.
- Experience in a large corporate environment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; Optum; level 1 & 2 support; MAC, call center; desktop; TCP/IP; LAN; WAN; ServiceNow; VCC; WWE; Bomgar; Altiris; ITIL
Back to top