LVN Ft. Worth Clinic at Burleson
- Fort Worth, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking an experienced LVN or LPN to work in our Central Burleson Clinic (near Fort Worth) to support 4 Medical Doctor's in an expanding market and busy clinic. The hours are Monday through Fridays 8:00- 5:00.
- The LPN completes screenings and documents those results on the encounter form.
- He or she delivers quality customer service and ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality.
- Reviews the patient history in ePRG for contraindications to FOC screening procedures
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational Nurse, including DPN testing, Quantaflo testing, spirometry testing, administration of the PHQ9, DRE examinations, phlebotomy, administration of FOBT / FIT tests, scheduling mammograms or colonoscopies as appropriate, and schedules patient return visit to provider's office
- Organizes, cleans and stocks assigned FOC equipment and lab supplies as needed to bring with him / her to all field visits
- Communicates patient concerns, inability to collect FOC tests, and observed patient issues to the WellMed ARNP if present, or the delegated clinical representative in the provider's office at the time of the patient screening
- Responsible for completing FOC skills assessments of providers as needed
- Responsible for completing all patient packets and testing procedures in a timely manner and ensuring that those results are submitted to the proper person
- This position performs all duties within the scope of an LPN, including Focus on Care screenings, phlebotomy and collection of vital signs.
The pace is fast and you'll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must have active Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse
- High School Diploma or GED completed *or higher
- 2+ years of experience as an LVN or LPN working in a medical office or hospital or clinic
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Outlook
- Possesses medical terminology knowledge base
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times to include but limited to patients and coworkers
- Must be able to work Monday through Fridays in the Fort Worth area (Burleson Clinic) 8AM to 5PM.
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- Additional years of experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Bilingual language proficiency (English / Spanish)
- Must be able to work independently, with some supervision and direction from manager
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal and written communication skills to include but not limited to patients, physicians, clinical staff, contracted providers and managers
- Must maintain and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism to include both personal conduct and appearance at all times
- Must comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Must adhere to all department policies and procedures
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LPV,LVN, Texas, TX, Fort Worth Texas, Dallas, MALCDCBDriver2019, License Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse
Back to top