Licensed Practical Nurse - Jeannette, PA
- Murrysville, PA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful LPN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures, and other duties
- Responsible for screening and accurate detailed clinical intake of patients and updating medical records
- Able to prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ, PO, and intradermal medication administration at the direction of the medical provider (per applicable State regulations and MedExpress guidelines)
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical or Vocational Nursing
- Current state LPN licensure and BLS/CPR certification
- 2+ years of clinical experience in direct patient care
- Maintain CEU/CMEs as applicable for licensure
- Current IV Certification or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state
- Experience with venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, healthcare, patient care, MedExpress, Jeannette, PA, Pennsylvania
Back to top