Lead Software Engineer
- Eden Prairie, MN
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor, maintain, and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
- Mentor the engineering team through code reviews, and hands on design sessions.
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, telemetry, agile and DevOps
- Experience working with three or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Experience with polyglot storage architectures including relational, columnar, key-value, graph or the like
- Experience delivering applications using componentized and distributed architectures
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical, globally-distributed audiences
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience delivering reusable components, patterns, tools
- Solid understanding of formal architecture, design patterns and best practices
- Experience in the health care industry
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Back to top