Lead Java Full Stack Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN
- United States
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications
- Experience delivering reusable components, patterns, tools
- Experience delivering applications using componentized and distributed architecture
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, and skilled in Agile development methodologies, including unit testing and continuous integration.
- Lead team best practices in CICD and Agile methodology.
- Work with infrastructure and DevOps engineers to create scalable, performance-forward consumer applications, microservices and UI.
- Responsible for participating in developing and maintaining full stack solutions to fit business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical, globally-distributed audiences
- Participate in coding front-end user interfaces, back-end APIs, and database and dev-ops development.
- Work with other engineers and teams to create and maintain dev-ops processes, application infrastructure and utilize cloud services.
- Designing elegant solutions and supporting them from inception to production within the agile team is the goal
- Experience maintaining 99.99% platform availability with enhancing proactive monitoring, alerting and self-healing capabilities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years with Object Oriented Programming (Java) and Front-end technologies JSF, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3
- 2+ years utilizing Angular, using single page webapps, and component integration with APIs
- 2+ years with containerization (Docker), and orchestration engines (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos, Rancher)
- 2+ years with hands-on development skills with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- 3 + years with Continuous Integration tools (such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, VSTS, etc.)
- 1+ years using Java, Kafka, AVRO, GraphDB
- 5+ years integrating RESTful APIs or web services with user interfaces
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: java fullstack engineer, java, fullstack, Object Oriented Programming, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3, angular, containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Rancher, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, VSTS, Azure, Gra
Back to top