IT Solution Architect - Eden Prairie, MN
- United States
In this IT Solution Architect role within the Financial Services Architecture team you will be responsible for architectural direction for new technology solutions as well as modernizing our existing applications to support our rapidly growing Financial Services business.
An individual in the Architecture job family is a strategic resource. This individual could be involved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering and implementation of technical solutions and capabilities providing technical leadership. Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in. Will provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies. In base and mid-level roles, engages across teams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up to technical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across the organization. In senior level roles, leads business solutions, capabilities, and is a strong influencer that engages with client executives and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (i.e. architecture reviews)
- Incorporate framework selection and application architecture into designs, proof of technology projects, and contributing working code, while ensuring alignment with portfolio technology
- Develop and maintain Architecture artifacts, technical designs, strategy documents and other technical artifacts
- Mentor & provide Subject Matter Expertise to the development teams as needed
- Accelerate the adoption of new technologies and patterns by building prototypes and leading technology sharing sessions with the broader Financial Services IT teams
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery and architecture
- 3+ years of experience in an agile delivery environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply process, architecture and software engineering principles, methods and tools to business challenges
- Development background
- Financial Services industry experience
- TOGAF certification
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords IT Solution Architect, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Back to top