IT Lead Software Engineer (APIs / Data) - Eden Prairie, MN or Boston, MA
- Eden Prairie, MN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Interact with business partners and other stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Use modern, cloud enabled approaches to enrich, transform and analyze data.
- Provide technology leadership - Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Consult with development users; determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assists in development of systems and procedures affecting design and maintenance
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings.
- Performance and Tuning of infrastructure components
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in data engineering, API development and graph-based approaches to analytic development
- Provide execution \ delivery leadership - Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating them as needed
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Assisting with communication interfaces/integration to associated systems
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Data Engineering or Analytics / Analysis experience
- 5+ years of API or data externalization experience
- Experience in 2 or more of the following:
- Designing and developing streams-based data processing. Kafka, Spark, Scala, Go.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs / microservices. Spring, Spring boot, Java, Go, NoSQL Databases
- Exposure to graph databases and graph-based data analysis. Neo4j, TigerGraph, DataStax
- Exposure to big data stack. Hadoop, Spark
- Exposure to using NLP or Machine learning based approaches in data analysis, Python
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience BA/BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience with core programming skills in languages like Go, Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with data analysis, machine learning using Python, TensorFlow
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL DBs, Graph DBs (TigerGraph, Neo4j)
- Experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, SAFe)
- Knowledge of building data integrations using APIs, streaming technologies (Kafka), ETL, ELT, and other data integration patterns
- Experience with modern code management and CI/CD processes and tools. (Jenkins, Git)
- Experience with container-based systems. Docker, Kubernetes
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Back to top