IT ISO Network Architect- Plymouth, MN
- United States
Individuals in this position will be a part of a team of highly developed IT security professionals, supporting the success of the company's operational security solution architecture by providing active and engaged leadership with business and IT teams relative to operation security design and review processes, as well as consulting expertise in support of strategic company initiatives. Responsibilities will include clear communication of strategy, technical, and project management materials, and on-going assessment for initiatives.
Individuals in this position will have an expert understanding of the company's computer system(s); have the most current knowledge of the latest developments from both a security end and an "attacking" end of cybersecurity; recommend both hardware and software improvements to the system(s); and assist in developing user policies and protocols, monitoring and enforcing them.
This position requires the ability to work hours mirroring the hours of teammates, as directed, typically starting at 8:00 am CST. This position will also require availability to work on-call and non-standard hours when necessary.
The ISO Principal Security Engineer provides operational support to the Acquired Entity Integration team and reports to the ISO Director of Information Security.
- Serves in an expert capacity, formulating and implementing network and security initiatives utilizing enterprise-wide systems
- Consults with internal senior leaders across the enterprise and with Senior Leadership as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for network solutions to complex issues and for developing future network designs
- Engage business partners and senior leadership in planning and addressing architectural challenges
- Develops innovative approaches and solutions to enterprise-wide network issues as arise
- Provides analysis of and suggested solutions to complex network issues, as well as complex conceptual analysis
- Works in active partnership with cybersecurity business stakeholders and technical stakeholders to perform network and cybersecurity architecture risk assessments.
- Contributes to network and cybersecurity architecture governance and provides a clear comprehensive design framework, promoting those requirements through partnership with enterprise-wide architecture and IT governance functions
- Collaborates with director, managers, project managers, architects, and other technical leads to ensure continuity and communication across teams
- Collaborates with, and offers suggestions to, director, managers, and other technical personnel to ensure mitigation of risks to the IT infrastructure and the company
- Mentors and coaches network and cybersecurity individuals to provide guidance and expertise, promoting continued integration of technological advances to further enhance network stability and security
- This position will require on-call responsibilities to support in place technologies
- Minimum of 4 years with network routing and switching experience
- Minimum of 2 years providing advanced level troubleshooting (log monitoring/analysis, packet captures, etc.), system administration, capacity and performance planning analysis, hardening and configuration of network switch equipment
- Minimum of 2 years working with advanced routing and switching concepts (BGP, VXLAN, ACI, VRRP) and ability to demonstrate knowledge in physical and virtual network environments
- Minimum of 2 years of VMWARE VDS and understanding NSX concepts and functions
- Minimum of 2 years with scripting tools such as: PYTHON, PERL, RUBY,GITHUB
- Knowledge of infrastructure, application, and data security architecture best practices
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks on enterprise-wide networking systems
- Ability to document and communicate on an expert level, addressing individuals, managers, directors and senior leadership across the enterprise
- Minimum of 2 years' presenting data/architectural plans to peers and senior leaders using written and visual communication methods
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top