IT Encryption Key Management Engineer- Plymouth or Eden Prairie, MN
- United States
As a key member of the Identity Access Management Encryption Key Management (EKM) team, you will support our critical EKM platform operations. The key management operations provided by this team include the creation, usage, monitoring, secure offline storage, and handling of encryption keys. They ensure that business applications requiring centralized management of keys are carefully monitored, and that application encryption keys are maintained in within the enterprise standards and regulatory guidelines.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining central key repositories across 4 environments and are responsible for role and identity-based access control to enterprise encryption systems and business applications keys
- Building, proving out concepts, and installing Encryption Key Management systems for all newly implemented environments within the enterprise
- Ongoing operational optimization of the EKM key management platforms
- Ensuring that the central key repository is well-protected from malicious attacks.
- Assisting with the setup of HSMs for application teams (and providing ongoing support as needed)
- Monitoring and reporting on systems and integrated applications
- Educating/training helpdesk and other team members relative to the EKM platforms
- Developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans for encryption key management platforms
- Provide physical and technical support at the Data Centers for EKM and associate teams
- Sharing in 24/7 on call rotational support
- 5 or more years' experience managing large highly complex security products and programs
- Knowledge of encryption and cryptographic concepts
- Experience with certificate lifecycle management
- Willing and able to share 24/7 rotational on-call responsibilities
- 1 or more years of hands on experience with OpenSSL integration with key management systems
- Experience with AWS Key Management Systems and Azure Key Vault
- Experience with transparent database encryption
- Understanding and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 (R2) and Linux, Centos, AIX operating systems
- Hands on experience with RHEL 6.0 or higher
- Experience working within ITIL frameworks with specific knowledge of Change Management standards and procedures
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top