IT Cloud Data Engineering- Telecommute
- United States
Grow your career with an exciting opportunity with Optum, where you will be a part of creating software solutions that help to change lives - millions of lives. As a Data Engineering team member at Optum, you will have the opportunity to be a member of a focused team dedicated to helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. Here, you'll partner with some of the smartest people you've ever worked with to design solutions to meet a wide range of health consumer needs.
As part of our elite team your job is to show integrity and compassion, and a deep curiosity for solving the hardest problems in our industry. You will provide technical expertise as an engineer on an agile development team in the design and delivery of a next generation healthcare data and analytics platform. You are expected to be an accomplished software engineer able to write, understand, and test complex code. You will bring deep experience in data intensive and/or distributed systems to design creative solutions and collaborate with your team. There's never been a more exciting time to work in health care where performance and innovation can fuel your life's best work.
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap of analytics initiatives to support business stakeholders in a self-service environment.
- Work with architects and other software engineers to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and deliver creative, high quality solutions
- Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including ETL, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs and big data application development
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Build and main configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies/processes, monitoring tools.
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation.
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to decommission
- Participate in and provide input for system analysis, design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Participate in defect review and triage
- Adhere to design/coding standards and constantly improve the way we build and deliver software
- Technical analysis of existing reporting solutions to identify opportunities for improvement both from a best practice and quality/ performance improvement perspective.
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of BI solutions and processes.
- Maintain the production BI products, solutions, documentation and environments to ensure optimal health, including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems.
- Oversees feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and the establishment and implementation of new or revised project programs.
- 7 or more years of experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 7 or more years of experience designing, coding and supporting distributed, data intensive systems at scale.
- 5 or more years of development experience with different BI technologies, including ETL tools
- 4 or more years of experience with relational database delivery
- 3 or more years of experience in Agile Delivery
- Experience with cloud technologies with Azure
- Excellent communication skills with ability to describe "data/capability stories" (and not defects) and explain value (and not resolution) to customers.
- Experience in delivering Data Platforms
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building data intensive systems in a public, hybrid or private cloud environment
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to work with delivery teams to think out of box
- Extremely strong communicator able to build relationships across many teams around the globe
- Ability to lead and mentor staff
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top