Internal Communications Manager - Canonsburg, PA
- McKees Rocks, PA
The Internal Communications Manager creates and oversees internal communications plans, change management, and key content development related to the organization's internal communications initiatives and needs. This role is responsible for developing comprehensive communication plans that deliver clear, timely operational communications to MedExpress centers. This role must champion and deeply embrace positive change management practices and methodologies to support change within the organization.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.®
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Will interact with many employees of the Marketing & Communications Department on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as an internal Communications lead within the organization, providing strategic communication counsel to audiences and stakeholders across the organization. This role must quickly demonstrate an intimate understanding of the organization - its operations, imperatives, and opportunities
- Develop and oversee the execution of communication and change management plans for operational changes within the organization
- Ensure the delivery and execution of clear, timely communications that help facilitate the best possible care delivery to patients
- Serve as one of the organization's lead writers. Draft impeccable written and verbal communications that meet the organization's verbal and design brand standards
- Help manage the integration and connectivity of all internal communication channels - spearheading new and unique formats that are able to reach a geographically distributed, retail-model workforce
- Rely on measurement practices to ensure the internal communication strategy meets the needs of employees and remains supportive of MedExpress Vision and Values. Use data to drive decision making
- Provide guidance and technical assistance on the delivery of messaging (i.e. emails, presentations, video production, intranet and virtual meetings)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in Communications or Public Relations preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in internal communications, utilizing scalable mechanisms to reach multiple internal audiences
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand communication material
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced environment
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: "Internal communications", "internal communications manager", "communications manager", "communications", "corporate communications", "writing"
Back to top