Inpatient Social Worker
AppleCare Medical Group was incorporated in 2003. Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added new doctors - but the mission has remained the same.
Today, AppleCare Medical is comprised of hundreds of board - certified private - practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Social Worker to join our team.
This role is in Lynwood at St. Francis Hospital
The Social Worker is responsible for assisting the Clinical Services Department in the facilitation and coordination of discharge planning from our core hospital community resources, in-home support services and other community - based services for AppleCare Medical Group managed - care members.
- Provides telephonic and in - person social work patient care for our members
- Facilitates admission of members to palliative care, hospice and other services
- Performs Psychosocial assessments and evaluations
- Conducts Hospital visits with our members - readmissions, doctor requests for SW, complex patients and placement
- Participate in interdisciplinary plan of care meetings to identify needs of patients
- Coordinate discharge planning process with patient and family
- Provide support and education to patients and family members to help them understand coordination of medical services
- Develops and monitors care plans with patients and physicians
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Social Work
- 2+ years of Medical Social Work experience
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMS and Medi - Cal benefits and services
- Thorough knowledge of community resources, in - home operations and community - based service waivers for Medi - Cal beneficiaries
- Knowledge of utilization coverage guidelines, coordination of benefits, and coordination of care
- Managed Care work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish
AppleCare Medical Management Group was incorporated in 2003. Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors - but the mission has remained the same. Today, AppleCare Medical Management is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, MSW, Medical Social Work, managed care, La Palma, CA, California
Back to top