Infusion Pharmacy Manager PIC Relocation Rohnert Park CA
- Rohnert Park, CA
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Specialty Home Infusion. Here you'll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your pharmacy career greater with OptumRx? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. As a pharmacist on the Clinical and Pharmacy Operations team, you will perform various duties as it relates to therapy assessment, care planning and departmental communications to streamline efficiencies across the department.
This Infusion Pharmacy Manager / PIC will coordinate, direct and supervise pharmacy services (including preparation and dispensing of drugs, supplies and equipment, preparation of sterile products and clinical pharmacy services) for customers and patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations that govern the practice of pharmacy. The Pharmacy Manager has responsibility for the planning, directing, or coordinating of the pharmacy department. This position also provides minor or initial counseling to staff that is required on an immediate basis. The role also serves as the back-up administrator of record for the home health care license, if the Clinical Director of Operations is not available.
- Supervises, schedules, and evaluates all clinical and supportive pharmacy personnel as it relates to the clinical services provided, sterile compounding, inventory control and purchasing
- Directs, coordinates and supervises all pharmacy activities including drug preparation, sterile product preparation, dispensing and clinical pharmacy services
- Ensures that all pharmacy operations, practices and procedures meet all licensing and standards requirements established by local, state and federal agencies as well as accrediting bodies (e.g. TJC, ACHC, URAC)
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy and intravenous therapy by reviewing the literature, attending in - services seminars and conferences
- Oversees the procurement of drugs, supplies and equipment used in preparing and administering drugs
- Oversees the clinical services offered by the branch as their related to both infusion and / or specialty services provided
- Ensures compliance with all controlled substances related rules, regulations, company policies and maintains proper communication and coordination with other departments and staff
- Develops policies and procedures, and assures compliance with these
- Leads branch Quality Management / Performance Improvement Program by reviewing data for quality / performance improvement measures and analyzes data reports, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for all aspects of Pharmacy licensure, as required by the multiple states in which the branch is licensed
- Oversight including compliance to and education for all accreditation programs including The Joint Commission (TJC), ACHC, URAC, etc.
- Monitors for compliance with all HIPAA regulations, adherence to all State and Federal regulations and laws, accrediting bodies (TJC, URAC, etc.), adherence to all infusion pharmacy accepted standards of practice, responsible for handling complaints and / or grievance programs
- Provide oversight of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS Pharmacy or Pharm D
- Current, unrestricted Pharmacist license in CA
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical pharmacy - i.e. health care system / hospital
- 1+ years managing pharmacy including leading staff and operations
- Experience with managing staff including hiring, developing / motivating and directing
- Exceptional organizational, time - management skills working toward hard deadlines
- Working knowledge of processes related to sterile compounding to meet regulatory compliance requirements (USP 797 / USP 800 guidelines)
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills effective with multiple levels / professional disciplines as well as patients, families, staff and physicians
- Strong analytical skills (calculations, budgets, data reports)
- 2+ years IV or Home infusion experience
- CPR+ platform knowledge
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Pharmacist, PIC, Pharmacist in Charge, Pharmacy Manager, Director of Pharmacy, RPh, Pharm D, Home Infusion, Infusion Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy, Homecare, Home Health, BriovaRx, AxelaCare, OptumRx, Rohnert Park, CA, California
Back to top