Infectious Diseases Physician, The Polyclinic - Seattle, WA
The Polyclinic : Established in 1917, The Polyclinic's mission has always been to promote the health of our patients with personalized health care. Here at The Polyclinic, our physicians are in charge. This means they have the power to put you first. It's a departure in health care philosophy that has attracted some of the area's most respected physicians. And a difference you'll feel the moment you walk through the door.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Infectious Disease Physician to join our team!
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for infections and illnesses in both the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted Washington medical license
- Board Certified or eligible in Infectious Diseases
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- 2 or more years of practice experience
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, Infectious Diseases, ID, Managed Care, Seattle, WA , Washington
Back to top