Implementation Engineer - Phoenix, AZ (National Travel)
- Chandler, AZ
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
New and increased automaton technology engineering skills are needed for design operation improvements and equipment service to increase capacity and reduce operating costs. We rely heavily on our vendors to provide solutions / changes. They will be responsible for designing and implementing line changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reduce operating expenses and increase capacity. Work with automation teams to implement processes to improve maintenance and overall uptime of equipment. Engineers will be critical to support future pharmacy designs to meet anticipated growth. New Engineers will be responsible for working on process improvement of the fulfillment center including warehouse operations to improve efficiency and accuracy.
This position will sit onsite at 4425 East Cotton Center Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85040 and require national travel.
- This position will be part of our implementation team that is focused on standing up sites throughout the country.
- This person will be supporting the many aspects of the automated / semi-automated mail-order pharmacy fulfillment operations and projects such as:
- production line equipment optimization; troubleshoot / debug / resolve issues of production equipment; setting up production equipment; automation and motion controls implementation; Robotic program parameter changes; prototyping and testing; pharmacy automation technologies research / feasibility assessment, and integration
- Work with vendor and internal engineers to focus to maximize system overall equipment effectiveness measure (OEE)
- Manage budget, schedule, and scope of design, cost justification of refurbishment / expansion projects ranging from 50k-2 million dollars
- Design and implement automation systems in operational environments
- Debug PLCs, networking, power systems, I/O devices, etc and develop and improve SCADA / DCS programs
- Data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Installation and startup of new or changes to equipment or processes and coordinates major maintenance and repair of automation equipment
- Evaluates new developments in repackaging field for possible applications to current processes
- Be the technical expert in resolving technical issues around automation equipment
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in related industry
- 4+ years of experience with industrial / technical work
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD software
- Experience with automation and the following components of automation; conveyors, motors, 480vac, VFDs, RFIDs, PLC / structural text controllers, A/B controllers (trouble shooting / parameter changes), Pneumatic / electrical I/O devices, 24vac components, Network components and methodologies, Robotics (parameter changes in program)
- Effectively interact / interface with vendors, contractors, internal team members and management to manage work plans, and deliverables to achieve engineering objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Must be a self-starter
- High proficiency with problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to handle multitasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Team player, a positive attitude and be proactive
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: electric, mechanical, electrical, mechanic, installation, engineering, automation, PLC, CMMS, industrial, robotics, robots , Chandler, AZ, Arizona
Back to top