Hospitalist - Corpus Christi, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Hospitalist leads a collaborative and comprehensive health care team who follows patients from a single payor system. The Hospitalist follows a patient from admission to discharge and coordinates all aspects of inpatient services. According to city geography, these inpatient services may be in an acute hospital setting, Skilled Nursing Facility, or a Rehabilitation Hospital. The typical hospital census per hospitalist is 7-15. The Hospitalist performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
• The Hospitalist is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
• Provides diagnosis, treatment and management of inpatients according to current standards of care and accepted medical practice
• Utilizes managed care processes for cost effective use of contracted specialists, lab, radiology and extended service providers
• Completes medical documentation according to acceptable hospital and company standards
• Communicates and coordinates with the primary care providers to ensure prompt post hospitalization follow-up care
• Conducts effective and timely communication to patients and/or families regarding treatment plans, diagnoses, prognosis and discharge planning
• Adheres to hospital core measure requirements
• Participates in business and patient care meetings, if needed. Attends medical group educational activities
• Shares call with the team to provide on-call coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, onsite or offsite by telephone, responding within time frames established by Hospitalist Team Director. Call is distributed equitably among team members and is not determined by seniority and/or longevity
• Works side by side with Case Management to ensure smooth and prompt patient post hospitalization follow-up
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Texas Medical License
- Valid DEA, DPS License
- Ability to work 7:00am to 7:00pm on a regular basis
- Ability to practice with a high degree of independence
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, both as a leader and a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, docotor, MD, DEA, ostepathy, Texas, TX
Back to top