Hospital Medicine Nocturnist - Worcester, MA
- Worcester, MA
OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, is seeking a BC/BE Hospital Medicine Physician to join our thriving team in Worcester, MA for either Full Time or Part Time. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Unfortunately, we are unable to support visa sponsorships at this time.
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment
- 170 shifts a year, night shifts (7 on, 7 off schedule, 12 hour shifts) or 84 shifts a year, night shifts (7 on 7 off, 12 weeks a year)
- 3-week block of time off each year
- Census of 12 patients per night on an average
- Partner with Primary Care teams, allowing familiarity with the same patient panel and families
- Dedicated evening PA coverage already in place
- Dedicated night MD coverage
- Moonlighting shifts available, if desired
- Teaching with residents that covers up to 50% of the census
- Closed ICU, SICU, CCU, managed by Intensivists-Specialists
- State of the art/award winning Epic EMR System
- Longevity in team, most MDs have been with the team for 10+ years
What makes OptumCare different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- Reliant is a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Massachusetts
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance Excellent PTO package Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage Physician partnership opportunities with OptumCare
The Central Massachusetts area offers four season living (boating, biking, hiking, golfing and skiing), affordable housing prices, top-ranking schools, and thriving retail and entertainment districts and easy travel destinations to Boston, MA; Hartford, CT; New York City, NY; Providence, RI; Hampton, NH; and Portland, ME.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
• BC/ BE in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
• Unlimited Licensure in the state of Massachusetts
• Active DEA License
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at https://careers.optumcare.com/about-optumcare .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
• Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
• Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
• Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
• Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
• Do you want to be part of something better?
Back to top