Home Visits Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) practices in a clinic as part of a collaborative team that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, and clinic staff. The purpose of this collaborative team is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a mostly Medicare-aged population. The NP or PA primarily manages the geriatric-aged population either in the presence of, or in conjunction with the primary care physician and/or specialist. Unless specified, most NP or PA positions are outpatient. The NP or PA acts as an extension of the primary care physician to provide both chronic and acute care to our patients. The NP or PA performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The NP or PA is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Performs in-home patient care and patient/family assessment and evaluation. Collaborates with patient's physician, other health care team members, the patient and family in developing realistic care expectations and provides primary care to home bound patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions
- Counsels patients and families on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient and family is educated to the disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Texas Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all level of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, TX, Texas
Back to top