Healthcare Sales Intern
Internships at Optum. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that's dramatically shaping our entire health care system. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 94,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. Our internship opportunities provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. Here, you'll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It's the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life's best work . SM
Interns in Optum360 Healthcare Sales are involved in the sales process to support products and drive membership/sales growth. Positions will take an active sales role to support consumer and member innovation, support new product and program launches, and tackle competitive pressures. Interns will be expected to interact with customers by phone or email and ask questions related to needs assessment, pitch products based on value statements, overcome objections, cross-sell to other products, and negotiate pricing. All customers are existing customers needing to renew their products. No cold calling will be required.
This Full-Time internship position will be available starting 6/1/2020
UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assisting for this position
UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position
- Call existing customers to renew and/or sell medical coding products such as software, referential books, and trainings.
- Use organizational skills to keep track of customers' requests, orders, and communications
- Utilize CRM to enter orders and make/keep appointments
- Learn and understand the medical coding market and our products to be able to successfully sell the best product to the customer's need
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Experience with a CRM ( customer relationship management) tool/software
- Sales experience through a job, internship, or volunteering
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's largest accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, Optum is a leading health services and innovation company. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top