Healthcare Economics Consultant - Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Healthcare Economics Consultant will work within Medicare and Retirement to evaluate clinical programs in order to inform and provide recommendations to leadership. This position will help evaluate new clinical pilots and programs and analyze how members utilize the healthcare system. The Healthcare Economics Consultant will work primarily on developing, owning, and maintaining clinical program evaluations. A successful Healthcare Economics Consultant will work closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities and risks when engaging in new clinical program pilots.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses on potential new clinical pilots to model possible impact of these pilots and assist senior leadership in decision making
- Perform shared savings calculations on value-based care initiatives and work collaboratively with our business partners in finance
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends (i.e. medical cost trends, utilization, etc.)
- Analyze forecasts and trends in a meaningful and easy to understand manner to influence and provide guidance on data driven strategic decisions
- Build strong relationships within the organization including finance, network pricing, product, actuarial/underwriting, clinical, and operations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Finance, Healthcare Research, or related degree
- 2+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills including working with formulas, calculations, charts, and graphs
- Knowledge of Medicare
- Experience working with medical claims data
- Experience with SAS, SQL and/or other coding/statistical programs
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers across multiple departments and business segments
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, economics, Analyst, Excel, cost-benefit analysis, forecast, SAS, SQL, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Back to top