Healthcare Data Analytics / QA Engineer - Telecommute
- Sacramento, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Responsible for complex, clinically oriented detection, analysis and reporting of patterns and trends focused on access, quality, and outcome, while considering health care utilization and costs
- Provide documentation of the operating process, performance measures, and problem resolution process
- Provide a Master Test Strategy outlining the approach to system integration and acceptance testing
- Provide a description of key performance measures and problem indicators and how they will be jointly determined between DHCS and Optum
- Provide a description of how and how often, the key performance and problem indicators will be reported
- Provide a description of the problem resolution and process improvement processes
- Provide a description of how changes resulting from problem solving or process improvement will be documented
- Provide a QA plan that shall describe the proposed QA team, its functions and responsibilities, its schedule for periodic meetings, and the methodologies for identification and correction of bugs/fixes
- Provide focused consultation to the Program Specialists, ETL team and users on the quality of data in the MIS/DSS data warehouse
- Provide detailed analysis on specific data feeds / data domains such as Claims and Encounters, Providers or Eligibility and recommend DHCS on areas of improvement in data quality
- Develop and deliver technical and subject-matter presentations that focuses on data quality
- Identify any system enhancements or improvements that increase the efficient use of the system or the retrieval, interpretation, and presentation of the data from the warehouse
- Coordinate with Program Specialists and ETL developers to minimize duplication and take advantage of prior efforts
- Analyze, review, forecast, and trend complex data
- Review the analysis and interpretation of others work
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities through data analysis
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years' minimum experience in project work (including building and managing project plans), monitoring outcomes and trends and the processes supporting the release of the data
- 3+ years' experience with Medicaid, Social Security Administration (SSA), and/or other health data specific to state and federal policies and procedures
- 3+ years' experience writing advanced SQL for data analytics, data mining from multiple sources
- Experience in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and/or technical support duties within specified data processing systems, multifunction office automation systems, microcomputer systems, and/or teleprocessing networks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology or related
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Analytics, UnitedHealth Group, Technology, Sacramento, CA, California
Back to top