Health & Social Services Coordinator - Telecommute - Honolulu, HI
- Honolulu, HI
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it's all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you'll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Health and Social Services Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Honolulu, HI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient's needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You'll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
- Current, unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) or Social Worker license in the state of Hawaii
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Intermediate experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Current high speed internet in the residence
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- A background in mental health or experience working with serious mental illness
- Case Management experience
- CCM (Certified Case Manager)
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Experience with utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Prior field based work experience
- Experience as a Public Health Nurse
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work(sm).
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords : Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN, CCM, Case Management, field case management, nursing, community field care, long-term care, home health, hospice, public health, assisted living, Social Worker license, SW, Hawaii, Honolulu, Oahu, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, LSW, telecommuter, telecommute, work from home
Back to top