- Eden Prairie, MN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
- Lead Software Engineering Best Practices for a large multi-node Hadoop Big Data Platform
- Provide and manage System Resiliency Engineering for a highly resilient, cross data center infrastructure platform
- Responsible for platform's automation and resiliency road Map execution
- Build, maintain and enhance large pools of infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code practices, Operations Automation, PLM, Feature evaluations and complementary operational technologies
- Build and support highly skilled cross functional geo-dispersed teams to provide 24 * 7 * 365 operations
- Maintain 99.99% platform availability targets by continuously enhancing proactive monitoring, alerting and self-healing capabilities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience Leading Software Engineer with geo-dispersed teams
- 5+ years of experience Leading System Resiliency Engineering with large multi-tenant, highly resilient platforms
- 3+ years of experience providing enterprise development and support for a large Hadoop/MapR environment
- Experience providing platform's automation and resiliency road map execution
- Experience building, maintaining and enhancing large pools of infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code practices, Operations Automation, PLM, Feature evaluations and complementary operational technologies
- Experience building and supporting a highly skilled cross functional and geo-dispersed 24X7 operational support
- Experience maintaining 99.99% platform availability with enhancing proactive monitoring, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Big Data, Hadoop, MapR, Engineer, PLM, Operations Automation , Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Austin, TX, Texas
Back to top