Geriatric or Internal Medicine Physician, OptumCare Medical Group - Seal Beach, CA
- Huntington Beach, CA
OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) serves the communities within Orange and Los Angeles counties in beautiful Southern California. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture-we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Geriatric or Internal Medicine Physician to join our team at The Health Care Center at Leisure World in Seal Beach, CA
This is a comprehensive Geriatric Wellness and HealthCare Clinic located within a gated senior community. There are close to 10,000 residents who live in this beautiful community that thrives on its many social programs, crafts and sports and fitness activities. The 30,000 square foot facility will house full primary care services in addition to Physical Therapy, Pharmacy and other specialty services. These include Cardiology, Pulmonary, Neurology, Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Dermatology, Oncology, GYN, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Optometry/Ophthalmology, Chiropractic and Acupuncture. We have on-site case managers, care coordinators, social workers, health coaches, and a comprehensive Metabolic Diseases team that includes Endocrinologists, Diabetic educators and Pharmacists. Our group also employs our own hospitalists and post-acute specialists including a Hospice and Palliative Care Team. We are planning to deploy the latest technologies including Bluetooth devices to monitor blood glucose in diabetics, scales for CHF patients and telemedicine suites in the clinic where we can obtain off site specialty consultation when needed.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then apply today!!
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Active and unrestricted California medical license
- Board Certified in Geriatric or Internal Medicine
- 1+ years of Outpatient Clinic experience
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate required
- Completion of a Geriatric Fellowship
- Medical Director or Leadership experience preferred
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, Geriatrician, Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, IM, Outpatient clinic, Managed Care, Korean, Leisure World, Seal Beach, CA
Back to top