Full-Time Nurse Practitioner for House Calls - Pierce County, WA
- Tacoma, WA
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you'll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care. Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Our Full-Time Nurse Practitioners conduct in-home assessments on health plan members in Pierce County, WA. Since this position involves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travel will be required. You should also be comfortable working with geriatric patients who have a variety of health complications. The House Calls practitioner will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled members within this geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, the nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible for External Candidates
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history, review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP as Adult, Geriatric, or Family NP
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- A passion for and commitment to a consumer and client driven culture
As a Fortune 6 company with over 320,000 people all pulling in the same direction, we're used to setting the pace for change. Take a running start and join us so you can achieve more while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Key words: Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Assessment, Home Care, House Calls, WA, Washington
Back to top