Front Pharmacy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Join Us at Our Pharmacy Technician & Pharmacy Clerk Virtual Career Fair!
Thursday May 14 th , 2020
12:00pm - 2:00pm MST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with Recruiters and learn more about our Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacy Clerk opportunities in Phoenix, AZ & Woodinville, WA!
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Front Pharmacy Technician, you will perform various duties related to the creation/routing of pharmacy orders through receipt, review and verification of members'/patients' prescriptions. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Interpret providers' prescriptions and creates order as permitted by state regulation
- Enter data into the pharmacy system accurately
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Verify validity of prescriptions and document verification per company procedures
- Contact the physician's office to communicate clinical information when needed
- Contact members/patients to validate data
- Notify pharmacist of relevant clinical information gathered during calls to provider or patient
- Prepare and scan documents, verify member/patient data
- Assess, input and retrieve prescription, medical/lab and reimbursement information from computer system
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current and Unrestricted Arizona Pharmacy Technician License
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- 1+ years of Pharmacy/prescription data entry experience
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications
- 1+ years of customer service or call center experience
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, CPhT, pharmacy technician, pharmacy technician license, pharm tech, home delivery
Back to top