Financial Protection Intern - South Portland, ME
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that's dramatically shaping our entire health care system. A UnitedHealth Group internship opportunity will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You'll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business and gain valuable industry experience. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It's the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life's best work.(sm)
This is not just a summer internship. Become a part of the Financial Protection team that is working hard to make health care work better for everyone. You benefit from healthcare experiences and collaboration with experienced professionals and leaders. You'll have the opportunity for continuous learning while building a foundation of skills.
As exciting as it may be, this kind of opportunity also presents unique challenges. You'll need to keep up with constantly evolving systems and technology tools. You'll need to embrace our commitment to an agile and collaborative culture that drives a successful claims operation. You'll need to work in a disciplined approach to processes that helps us protect the health care data of millions of members.
Housing and relocation assistance is not available for this position.
UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position
Start Date is 06/01/2020
This 10-12 week internship is full-time (40 hours/week) with several shifts available during our hours of operation. After successful completion of the internship program, opportunity for continued employment may exist. Our office is located at 300 Southborough Drive, South Portland, Maine 04106.
- Management of incoming Financial Protection claims and follow-up to claim assignment
- Documenting claim data into the claims management system; requesting outstanding information; and analyzing responses
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, processing and adjusting claims information
- Document appropriate payment or refer claims to investigators for further review
- Analyze and identify trends and provide reports as necessary
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service
- Associates will receive calls from internal and external customers verifying coverage and status of benefits
- This position promotes advocacy for the customer and focuses strongly on customer satisfaction
- Ad-hoc tasks, assignments and projects
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Management, Operations, Sales/Marketing, Finance or a related business field
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Quick learner who is able to stay organized
- Computer skills and data input skills are critical to be successful in this position
- Must have a desire to help internal and external customers by being empathetic and demonstrating patience and providing accurate information
- Outgoing and energetic attitude
- Good listening skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Computer experience (must be able to navigate between multiple applications and input data quickly)
- Emotional fortitude for high stress situations
What are the reasons to consider an internship with UnitedHealth Group?
- The daily ability to "leave work at work"
- Varying shift options within our hours of operation
- A focus to support a work-life balance
- Opportunity for continued employment
- Community Service opportunities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: intern, internship, finance, claims, South Portland, ME, Maine
Back to top