Financial Consultant - FP&A (Healthcare) - La Palma, CA
- Cerritos, CA
Sure you could find a career that satisfies you, but what about one that inspires you? We're in the business of helping make the health care system work better for everyone. That means we need people who know how to bring it every single day. As a Financial Analyst, you'll collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who impact decisions that help millions live healthier lives. The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for assist leaders in making strategic and operational data-based decisions by delivering timely, accurate and relevant financial information.
- Play a key role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team to support a variety of FP&A functions, including budget and forecast, financial reporting and analysis, building financial models and developing clear and compelling reports in support of various business requests
- Analyze eligibility, revenue, and medical payment data to identify trends, performance and savings opportunities and work closely with business leaders to support strategic decision-making
- Develop, create, and maintain clear and informative financial models for presentation to senior leaders
- Perform various ad hoc analysis in support of enterprise initiatives
- Perform trend analysis to identify unique outliers or indicators of changes
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Support and participate in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Perform other assignments as needed
You'll need to eat, sleep and breathe financial data so you'll be able to tell the stories that need to be told. You'll be expected to understand and incorporate industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions. Your recommendations will go to all levels of leadership so the spotlight is firmly on you and your financial skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of proven work experience within Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and financial analysis concepts
- Intermediate experience MS Excel to include Macros, V-lookups, SumIFs, Pivot Tables
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proficient in effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Experience Managed Care highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Excel highly preferred
- Experience with writing queries in SQL to efficiently and accurately analyze large data sets
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, PeopleSoft Financials, &/or Anaplan highly desirable
AppleCare Medical Group was formed in Lynwood, California in 1996 with the goal of making quality care available locally to the community. Today, AppleCare Medical Group is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. These physicians provide medical expertise and passion to improving the health of communities in the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Key words: analyst, finance, reporting, data analysis, forecast, budget, Excel, SQL, Hyperion Essbase, Managed Care, Healthcare, La Palma, CA, Long Beach, CA, California, AppleCare
Back to top