Finance and Accounting Internship - WellMed - San Antonio, TX - Summer 2021
- San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Housing assistance may be available
This full-time summer intern position will be available starting in Summer 2021
UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position
When it comes to challenges that can dramatically shape your career, smart people like you are discovering opportunities with us. Here's why. A career with UnitedHealth Group in the Finance and Accounting area will have you working side by side with some of the most dynamic, intelligent and results driven people on earth. This is work that matters far beyond the balance sheet. We're helping to improve people's lives by helping the entire health care system manage resources in new and better ways. Health care is changing. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You want to grow. We want to support you and, along the way, help you acquire the skills that lead to your life's best work (sm).
Opportunities are available in the following areas depending on interest and abilities:
- Financial Analysis and Planning
- Healthcare Economics
- Financial Operations
- Analyze and report on financials
- Assist in the development of program forecasts, budgets, and plans
- Research economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning
- Create annual budget templates
- Prepare spreadsheets to effectively show financial results and financial forecasts
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, data science or related field from an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Other degrees are considered when accompanied by aptitude or interests in finance.Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel as well as proficiency in other Office applications
- Strong academic credentials
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: finance, accounting, intern, internship, Wellmed, San Antonio, TX, Texas
Back to top