Field Engineering Analyst (Clinical Focus) - Tucson or Phoenix, AZ
OptumCare Mountain West requires a base staff of field engineers in Phoenix-Tucson. OptumCare has acquired more than 100 physicians in Arizona, residing on 9 different Electronic Medical Records Systems with a broad array of desktop and network architectures. This is the initial formation of the team that will integrate multiple existing acquired entities and future acquisitions onto our clinical platform and architecture. We will be unable to provide adequate support for the planned growth in Arizona without the formation and expansion of this local infrastructure support team.
Positions in this function will spend the majority of their time at clinic sites addressing a wide variety of infrastructure and application problems. The field engineer will need to be available to work through crisis issues in addition to regular IT maintenance. While a typical day will follow standard clinic hours of operation, the field engineer position will require issue ownership that may require occasional evening and weekend work to establish resolutions.
Field engineers will participate in infrastructure design and engineering discussions and actively manage the clinical infrastructure and operational platforms implemented within the medical clinics. Additionally, this function also has responsibility for traditional enterprise infrastructure and operational platforms such as email, file transfer, and collaboration technologies, among others. The field engineer will collaborate with remote technicians, providing the eyes and ears in the local environment to achieve the required fix or solution in addition to implementation of new solutions.
- Address user issues regarding hardware, software and networking
- Walk physicians and clinical staff through issue resolution
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct on site troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet users' needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in the ticketing system
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Strong communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate to Doctors and Clinic Leadership
- Hands-on experience with Windows
- Working knowledge of office products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Education or certification in the technology field
- Ability to work in a remote/fluid environment
- Willing to travel locally between sites
- Ability to work in base office of Tucson or Phoenix
- Health care industry experience
- Insurance industry experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:field Engineering Analyst, clinical focus, Tucson, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona
Back to top