Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (San Antonio, Corpus Christi, or Austin, Texas)
- San Antonio, TX
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor provides oversite of maintenance activities in an assigned market or region, to include supervision of maintenance staff, coordination of vendor activities, and monitoring of maintenance performance.
- Supervises assigned maintenance staff, to include monitoring of time, performance of duties, verification of expense reports, and leave
- Assists in prioritizing activities for assigned market or region
- Works with Facility Management, Facilities Service Desk staff, and Facilities Maintenance staff to prioritize, schedule, assign, and monitor facilities work orders assigned market or region
- Assists Facilities Management with development of maintenance schedules
- Provides/facilitates skills and safety training for staff
- Provides excellent customer services and trains staff to deliver excellent customer service
- Maintains vendor list for markets to ensure contact information is up to date and payment arrangements are made with Accounts Payable
- Identifies and maintains necessary spare parts and materials
- Engages with Facilities Coordinators on special projects that need Facilities Maintenance support
- Assists Facilities Management with process improvement initiatives
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Monitors and coordinates maintenance of all Facilities fleet vehicles
- Monitor PM Inspections to ensure they are conducted as scheduled and problems noted are corrected
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan work, accomplish goals, and make decisions. Requests assistance from management when needed
- Performs facilities maintenance tasks as needed for coverage
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eight (8) years of experience in building maintenance or five (5) years of experience in building maintenance with a technical school degree
- One or more years of experience in leadership of other staff
- Ability to travel (35%) to remote sites as needed required
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications required
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
- Current driver's license
- Access to reliable transportation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours on occasion
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top