Epic Revenue Cycle - Sr Consultant (Resolute, Professional Billing, Hospital Billing, Claims) - Nashville, TN
- Nashville, TN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Enterprise Epic Services analysts will work out of our new Nashville, TN office to establish and grow our emerging support service line. Analysts will serve as a liaison between end-users, project team members and other Information Management resources while providing exemplary customer service and Epic application support in their assigned Epic module(s). OEES team members will help position Optum as a center of excellence for application management services.
Strong candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Collaborate with end users to design and build the Epic system in a timely and professional manner and make corrective configuration or enhancements
- Mentor/subject matter expert to team members; ensuring revenue cycle implementation benefits organization's revenue
- Lead small to medium complexity Epic software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs
- Provide support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Configure and build visit types, workqueues, registration forms, referral templates, and provider records
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of software functionality; acquire and utilize knowledge of operational workflows to be implemented
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Work with trainers to develop and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials.
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree required, e.g. Associate, Bachelor, or Master.
- 3+ years Epic application experience
- Obtained Epic Resolute Certification(s) in one or more of the following Epic applications: Resolute Professional Billing, Resolute Hospital Billing, Claims, Home Health Billing
- Knowledgeable in policies and procedures related to the HIM operational functions
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badge
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Reside in Nashville, TN or willing to relocate to Nashville
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Any combination of certifications and/or experience with Resolute Professional Billing, Resolute Hospital Billing, Claims, Home Health Billing is preferred
- Epic Tapestry certification highly preferred
- Knowledge of revenue cycle metrics, KPIs, and process improvement techniques relative to these areas
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epic's suite of EMR applications
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Epic, Consultant, Billing, Revenue, Resolute, Healthcare, Hospital, Optum, Nashville, TN, Tennessee
Back to top