Epic Reporting - Manager, Lead - Nashville, TN
- Nashville, TN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is based out of Nashville, TN and Epic Manager/Lead will be responsible between end-users and act as a primary advisor and mentor for all direct reports and other information management resources while building the Epic application team in each assigned Epic module.
The Epic Manager will help create and foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within a new and growing service line for Optum.
The Epic Manager/Lead must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Supervise Epic application design, development, support and other maintenance activities in compliance with IT standards of best practice
- Provide technical direction, guidance and assistance during project development and accomplish all required formal sign-offs
- Determine staffing requirements and supervise the work of all direct reports to ensure effective and efficient group functioning.
- Collaborate with end users to design and build the Epic system in a timely and professional manner and suggest corrective configuration or enhancements
- Design and document the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for a report
- Assist with Epic upgrades/updates by serving as a subject matter expert for the Epic Clarity data models
- Lead Epic upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Provide technical/clinical workflow consultation including application configuration. Review, analyze, and evaluate systems needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Develop, support and maintain all required system design and build documents and other system documentation
- Provide support of application incidents reported through the help desk, including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners
- Attend, participate in, and contribute to meetings throughout the facility
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Provide support to create new reports, using third party report writing tools to display Clarity data
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years combined experience across HealthCare and/or IT domains with at least 5 of those years working with Epic applications and 2 years resource management and/or large-scale project management
- Obtained two current Epic certifications including one in Epic Data Model certification(s) including Clarity Data Model OR other related modules
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badges
- Experience designing, creating, testing and implementing complex reports using Crystal Reports and/or Business Objects Enterprise reporting tools
- Experience using SQL query techniques and stored procedures to access relational databases with the ability to write efficient queries
- Possess excellent team management, communication and leadership skills and a commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion and a culture of innovation
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Clarity Administrator certification and experience
- Certification in Service Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Data Science or Healthcare
- Database and reporting tool certifications (Oracle, Microsoft, SAS, Cognos, etc.)
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Develop performance improvement initiatives aimed at improving end user service, operating costs, group functions & productivity
- Manage Clarity Report Writers to create design specifications for new reports and identify and validate the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability to team with cross-functional teams
- Excellent in assessing and managing employee satisfaction results and assist leadership in the execution of improvement action plans
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal Situations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Epic, Manager, Technology, IT, Healthcare, Nashville, TN, Tennessee
Back to top