Epic Managed Services, Technical Senior Consultant - Telecommute
Provider Technology Services (PTS) is a clinically-oriented health IT consulting group within Optum Advisory Services. We pair technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
As part of our approach to driving health system performance through technology, we use our role as trusted advisors to give the feedback and insight health systems need to grow and evolve in a market that requires both to succeed. For technology management services, this means helping health systems understand the value available through strategic partnerships, and developing a unique, specialized and sustainable model that supports the most important initiatives of our organizations.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for supporting the delivery of client engagements, and ensures that clients receive value from their ongoing partnership with Optum. The Senior Consultant will work directly with client teams to ensure that agreed upon clinical, financial and operational targets are achieved within the approved project scope and timeline. Senior Consultants provide expertise to project team members to ensure they are well-supported by subject matter experts as they collaboratively work to make our clients successful.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand the needs of Epic/EHR management for provider healthcare organizations
- Act as a subject matter expert for specific areas within the EHR
- Directly support EHR built, support, testing, and management activities as needed
- Partner with internal team to deliver insight into Epic implementation and optimizationbest practices for client organizations
- Provide overall support to organizational assessments as part of strategic managed services partnership planning.
- Serve as a technical liaison both internally across Optum and directly with client teams, clinical teams, and vendor teams
- Manage and deliver on multi-workstream engagements
- Serve as expert in one or more areas and uses engagements to advance own knowledge
- Be the point of contact and daily management leader for client peers and team members
- Communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, clients, and other staff
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Epic expertise required, including at least one current certification (including CECs)
- 5+ years of experience with Epic applications
- Experience as an EHR/Epic resource with 2+ organizations
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, proactive, and resourceful in all job duties
- Ability to effectively communicate with both coworkers and clients, including highly technical aspects of our work and the EHR
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate these skills in both face-to-face and electronic (telephone, email systems, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Experience mentoring junior level staff
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solving
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 80%
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Bachelor/Advanced Degree in a health or business-related field
- Multiple Epic certifications
- Previous consulting firm experience including project management, developing and presenting deliverables, and analytics
- Certifications/expertise in other EHRs
- Variety of prior experience across healthcare organizations, management consulting firms, and/or technology firms
- Experience in healthcare technology managed services
- History of supporting business development efforts within consulting or technology organizations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Business Advisory, Technology Consulting, Optum, Telecommute, United States, USA
Back to top